Saturday, March 26, 2011

GRADUATION SPEECH BY A VINTAGE MOM

As you all probably noticed I am not the one to make the speech at graduations and weddings and other important occasions - in fact this is probably the first.   I guess when your daughter achieves a milestone like a MBA you rise to the occasion.  Of course it helps that we are a small group and you are all family and close friends. 
Thank you all for coming and I think at this point you have all met one another.  Everyone of you has somehow made an impression on Anna and influenced her positively in some way.   For that Ron and I are very thankful. Of course, we are especially grateful for an incredible son-in-law like John who has given Anna support in so many ways. 
 
Anna and I visited the University of California San Diego in 1999 when we were making the college visitations.   We were both impressed with the surroundings and academic standings of the school.  Of course, we knew at the time that UCSD accepted less then 2% of the out of state students who applied.  Now Anna was a good student but realistically that was probably too much of a stretch and her tennis could only get her in if she was a top player which she was not.  Anyway it was worth a try. Little did we know at the time that someday she would be honored with a MBA from this great and impressive school.  

 I didn't realize when I became a parent that someday I would have the added benefit of learning and being inspired by my children. Anna has truly been an inspiration for me and many others. Ron and I are thankful  and proud of this amazing daughter - we wish her all the success and happiness life can bring.   

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon and thanks again for being here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment