Friday, September 24, 2010

COFFEE SUNRISE & DOLPHINS

Lots of memories here in Sanibel - to begin with my parents use to love Florida and frequently came to Ft Myers Beach for their winter vacation (big thing when you live in Minnesota).  I remember coming along with them for some of the visits. My husband and I continued to vacation here with our two children and my parents for many years - it's been about 15 years since we've all been here together.

 We have rented a lovely condo in Sanibel which overlooks the causeway and Ft Myers Beach - we are right on the bay which is providing a great breeze and dolphins for entertainment.  The sunrise is beautiful.  September in Sanibel is very quiet - most of the condos are empty and many of the restaurants and shops are closed.  I love the bike ride up to the lighthouse in the mornings when it is still cool and walking the peaceful Florida beach looking for shells (gifts from the sea).   I've also been sitting by the bay reading The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (great book).  Here is a quote from the book "There is nothing perfect," ---"There is only life."

No comments:

Post a Comment